Volunteers play a very important part in the Noah’s Children ministry. Our volunteers hail from and provide support to those from many areas in and around Richmond. Our volunteers offer support and comfort to Noah’s Children families. There are many opportunities to serve, in a variety of capacities.
Done-In-A-Day ( DIAD)- Episodic volunteers provide a quick response or short-term project support to projects that can be accomplished in a one-time evening or weekend effort. Volunteers provide support in the form of in-kind donations (food, gifts,etc.) or volunteer hours. These volunteer opportunities, unlike our ongoing programs, are intended to be "done in a day" (DIAD). Done-In-A-Day activities are great ways for volunteers to make a difference in the community with minimal time commitment. Examples include making meals, performing yard work or house cleaning, gift wrapping, special events, and much more!
- Meals for Munchkins – Shop, sort, and/or deliver meals to families.
- Tools for Back to School – Assist in collecting and assembling school supplies from communities and asking for donations from stores to help Noah’s Children families
- Holiday Helpers – Help collect, sort, wrap and deliver toys to our children during the holiday season.
- Thanksgiving Meals- Help prepare (or purchase) and deliver a Thanksgiving dinner to a Noah’s Children family.
- Family Fun Days-Volunteer at special themed weekend events for Noah's Children families.
- and More!
Check our upcoming Done-In-A-Day Events
Patient and Family Volunteers- Our volunteers have a huge impact on the lives of the families that we serve! They make visits in the home, spend much needed one on one time with siblings and patients, and develop relationships that last a lifetime. Opportunities include:
- Mentorship – Spend time with siblings of a patient. Do art projects, help with homework, and just be a friend.
- Patient Visit – Give mom or dad a break while spending time with one of Noah’s children.
Office Volunteers- This placement is ideal for volunteers who can make a regular commitment and wishes to assist our staff at the office. Opportunities include:
- Office work – Light office work such as stuffing envelopes, mailings, etc..
- Special Events Planning Committee – Help coordinate our family events, solicit sponsors or pick up donations.
Questions? We’re eager to tell you more. Call (804).287.7686.