Family & Sibling Support
Unlike families without ill children, Noah’s Children families must – on a daily basis – balance the loss of a “normal” life and yet still live as normally as possible.
Caught in the midst of this new way of living are the patients’ siblings and parents. Overwhelmed by emotional, social and financial burdens, these families often miss out on activities that many families take for granted.
Noah’s Children understands that to help a sick child, we must also help the entire family. Our goal is to increase a family’s memories without imposing on them, so we offer a number of family and sibling support programs, including:
- Summer Camps: A range of summer camps gives patients and their siblings the opportunity to have fun outside a sometimes-stressful home situation.
- Music Therapy: As available and appropriate, therapy sessions for patients and siblings provide a meaningful outlet for expression for all levels of musical abilities.
- Meal Program: Volunteers arrange and prepare home-cooked meals, including special occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, for families as requested.
- Mentorship Program: We pair siblings with volunteers to help provide social and emotional support through monthly visits and a variety of kid-friendly activities.
- Family Fun Days: Noah’s Children hosts a variety of events annually to gather our families together, promote story sharing, and relationship building. Activities range from holiday parties, hayrides, pool parties, picnics, athletic events, live music, and more!
- Service of Remembrance: This annual gathering celebrates those children who have passed away and honors the families and friends whose lives have been forever changed by the loss.
- Grief and Bereavement Services: Noah’s Children offers a number of grief and bereavement programs to meet the special needs of all family members.
For more information on how Noah’s Children can help your family, please call (804).287.7686.